Lilypie

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Quest for the Perfect Pillow

Sleeping is starting to be a problem. It seems almost impossible to get into a comfortable position. Once I actually get into one, the comfort doesn't last for long. Sleep seems to come in small increments as I shift and move pillows around.

I'm currently using a wedge pillow to help support my belly as I sleep on my side. It doesn't seem to be working very well anymore. I can't sleep on my back because I've been told sleeping on my back is a big no-no. The doctor suggested I sleep at a slight angle if I want to try and sleep in a position close to back sleeping.

Currently I'm looking for a pillow that will help me sleep more comfortably and for a longer period of time. There are lots of choices available. The wedge (that I currently have), a pillow that looks like 2 pillows with material between them, the full body pillow... the choices almost seem endless. All of them promise to make sleeping easier and better. And why shouldn't they with names like the "Comfort-U Body Pillow" or the "Snoozer Full Body Pillow"? If only you could try the pillows out before purchasing them. Someone should open a store where you could take a nap with the various pillows and see which one/ones work best for you.

1 comment:

Sasha@Pw said...

Ah, that would be nice to have naps with different pillows. Actually I could just go for a nap.

I can't off the top of my head remember what brand my body pillow is. I'll have to check when I'm at home. But it's a long body pillow that is more firm than squishy. If it were squishy, I'd just roll right over it.