Lilypie

Thursday, March 24, 2005

False Alarm

We've had our first scare with the triplets. Around 1am the past two nights, I noticed a tightness across my abdomen. It didn't last long and didn't really match the symptoms for preterm labor, but it was concerning anyway.

I talked to the doctor's office and they agreed that it probably isn't preterm labor, but they want me to keep a closer check on the tightness. I'm supposed to start monitoring when it happens, how long it lasts and how often. That's a bit difficult to do when my belly feels tight most of the time from the three babies. We'll just keep praying that it isn't preterm labor and that it doesn't occur during the pregnancy.

On a lighter note, last night was the first time I could definitely feel one of the babies kick when my hand was across my belly. Not an internal movement, but a definite kick that was felt externally. Now that's exciting!

No comments: