Lilypie

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And the doctor said...

Another visit to the doctor yesterday. The babies are doing well. Their heartrates were 167 bpm (Baby A - the boy), 150 bpm (Baby B - the girl) and 167 bpm (Baby C - the other girl).

The comments about me weren't exactly the same. Because of the triplets, I'm anemic. That's common during pregnancy, but it's usually worse with multiples. I've been taking iron supplements, but now I have to increase the amount of iron each day.

I also found out I failed the glucose test from the last appointment. I now have to have a more extensive glucose test. That means I have to fast starting at midnight until the test is completed the next day. The appointment is at 8am on Thursday and the test will last for 3 hours. It starts with blood being drawn, drinking the glucose solution and then enduring blood being drawn at each hour interval until the 3 hour mark. I'll certainly be ready for lunch by the time I finish the test. This test will determine if I have gestational diabetes or not.

Here are the scans of the babies from this visit.


This is Baby A. If you look closely, you can see that his mouth is open.


This is Baby B.


This is Baby C. If you look closely, you can see a smile and part of her tongue showing in her mouth.

Or you might think all three images look like something Michael Keaton would have seen in "White Noise".

No comments: