Lilypie

Monday, February 14, 2005

Three Babies???

It's been a lot of fun telling people about the triplets. You never know what response you'll receive. No matter what the response is, it's usually associated with shock and amazement. Even with the increased rate of multiple births due to fertility drugs and later age pregnancies, people are still awed by the thought of triplets.

We've been trying to keep a list of comments/reactions from people. Here's just a few of them.
"Your lives will never be the same" - that's an understatement
"Make sure you make the most of your peace and quiet now and relax because you are really going to need all the energy you can find" - that's a good idea
"WOW WOW WOW! Yes, the triple WOW! God is triple good." - you said it and yes, He is

For me, the funniest came when I told a doctor I work for. He's a forensic pathologist. He stares death in the face everyday. I don't think there is anything he hasn't seen in his job. The day I told him we were expecting triplets, he stopped and looked me straight in the eye. "Three?", he said. "Three? Are you kidding?" I'm not sure, but i think that's the first time I've ever seen fear in his eyes.

No comments: