Lilypie

Friday, February 04, 2005

Nursery Themes

We've been getting a lot of questions about the nursery theme. "What are you going to use? Disney babies? Winnie the Pooh?" It seems like everyone has a favorite and a reason that you should select it. "Should you do three themes because it's triplets?" I don't think the room is large enough for three themes.

I thought I had decided on the perfect answer for the nursery theme question. Anytime someone asked, I was going to tell them that we were trying to decide between a Nascar or Elvis theme. I thought that would make people think that we were really crazy. I could go into details if anyone wanted to hear them. With Nascar, we could paint a grandstand mural on the wall. Maybe get sponsors to buy spots and place logos on the cribs and car seats. With an Elvis theme, we could paint a mural of Graceland. Make sure each baby had a teddy bear and a TCB necklace.

I was sure I had all my crazy answers worked out until I was talking to my brother-in-law. He had the best idea of all and I don't know why I didn't think of it. His suggestion - "Wasn't Elvis in a racing movie with people from Nascar?" Why yes, he was - "Speedway". It's the best of both worlds.

No comments: