Lilypie

Monday, August 15, 2005

Father Friday on a Monday - Sometimes The Grass Isn't Greener In Your Own Yard

I thought of this entry on Friday, but I couldn't find the comic I had seen that would complete the story until today.

I was mowing the yard on Friday. I'm a yard man. I love being outside - mowing the grass, tending to the flowers, trimming the trees, anything in the yard. When I was mowing Friday, I noticed the yard didn't look as nice as earlier years. That bothered me.

When I was growing up, I learned how important it is to maintain your yard and keep things looking nice. I have let things slide this year. There are some weeds in the flower beds, some bare spots in the grass, tree limbs that are too low and should be removed, hedges that I haven't trimmed yet ...

I have let things slide because I had been taking of the wife during the pregnancy and now taking care of our children. When I looked at the yard in that perspective, it didn't bother me as much. It also reminded of this Baby Blues comic I had seen in July.

No comments: